homeaboutourstoryphotographyinfertility

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chocolate Lover's Dream Cookies

I made these this year for our Christmas/New Year's celebration with my family. They were pretty yummy!!


Chocolate Lover's Dream Cookies

6 Tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips (i used white chocolate)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, beat the oil, butter & sugars until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each one. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, coca, & baking powder; gradually add to oil mixture & mix well. Stir in chips.


Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing pans to wire racks.

NOTE: I thought these would be terrible because the batter didn't taste great to me & one of the cookies slightly burned & when i tasted it (still hot) it wasn't that great! BUT - about 2 hours later when they were ready to be eaten, they were PERFECT! =)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look beautiful and sound like they taste even better! I'm totally going to try them, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making these now... well as soon as I post this comment.. I love that you judge a cookie's potential by the batter, I do the same exact thing! I'll post and let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my favorite.