homeaboutourstoryphotographyinfertility

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Stealing!

Today it's time for a little Sunday Stealing. If you'd like to join, well... I think you know by now what to do! ;) So head on over to Sunday Stealing & link up!


Judd's Merged Meme

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just turned 22. I was attending LSU, working as a nanny & living on my own for the first time in a cute little house with 3 other girls i grew up with. Fun times!

2. Five snacks that you enjoy in a perfect non-weight-gaining world?
1. chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven
2. tortilla chips with spinach artichoke dip
3. tortilla chips with that white cheese dip from la carreta's - yummm!
4. king cake!! (a dessert we have here during mardi gras season - it's amazing!)
5. m&m's - plain or peanut butter

3. Five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
First, pay off my debt - which isn't that much. Then, buy a house - but not a billionaire crazy insane huge one! Just a nice cozy one that is big enough for us & our future kiddos. I'd fill it with some furniture - like some new couches, a new kitchen table & a dresser for our bedroom. Right after that i'd a vacation. And while we're at it - & since we're talking billions - i'd buy a house on the beach for vacations. Ahhhh.

4. 3 of your habits:
bad habits? good habits? What kind of habits? Okay,
1 - biting my fingernails
2 - rotating my wedding/engagement rings so they face the right way
3 - putting on chapstick

5. 5 jobs you have had:
1- preschool teacher
2- nanny
3- boutique shop clerk
4- receptionist
5- executive assistant

6. 5 places you have lived:
1- the house i grew up in birth to age 9
2 - the house our family moved to after that, age 9 - 21
3 - first house out on my own with three girlfriends
4 - an apartment with my BFF
5 - where i live now with my husband
& many more throughout my 20's! All in Baton Rouge or a nearby suburb.

7. 5 things you did yesterday:
1- run some errands
2-  go to a birthday party for my husband's granny
3- sit with hubby & family in rocking chairs on hubby's aunt's porch - such a beautiful day! (brad's aunt's house = my dream house)
4- stage manage a show called Queen of Bingo
5- run lights & sound for the above show

8. 5 People you would want to get to know more about:
1- It'd be cool to have lunch with Beth Moore
2- and to spend a day with Meryl Streep & Amy Adams & talk about acting
3- really any director or producer who would let me observe a movie being filmed
4- or any broadway director who would let me hang out
5- I also would love to go on a double date with Sandra Bullock & her man. They'd be fun.

9. Abortion: for or against it?
Against.

10. Do you think the world would fail with a woman president?
Because they are female? No indeed!

11. Do you believe in the death penalty?
Yep.

12. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
Though i've always been against this, I really had no reason to be except that i hate drug use... I have heard there are medical benefits... really I'm just not educated enough in this area to answer this question.

13. Are you for or against premarital sex?
I'm against.
I made the decision to wait for sex until marriage when i was in my young teens, or perhaps preteens, believing it was the best way, but assuming I'd be married by 23. I wasn't. It was hard to wait, but not impossible, like so many will tell you. I did not live a particularly sheltered life, though i did grow up with Christian friends. I was FINE waiting until i was about 26 or so & then i got a little worried! By 28, i was downright pitiful & having words with God about it - i just knew he was going to make me die an old maid & i was not at all convinced that waiting was really all that wonderful. To be honest with you, there were times that i was ashamed of it (though I shouldn't have been). My husband came [back] into my life when i was 29 & about then is when it all made sense & that I was truly grateful that I had made that decision & stuck with it. I did not have sex until my wedding night at 30 years old. It was the BEST decision i could have ever made, & no matter what anyone tells you, it IS possible & very much WORTH the wait!

14. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized? 
I am torn on this issue & have been for awhile. But I'm leaning towards YES. 

15. Do you think it's wrong that so many hispanics are illegally moving to the U.S.? 
Yes. i love that we are a melting pot, i love different nationalities being here. I just think they should come legally.  

16. Should the alcohol age be lowered to 18?
Heck no. 18 is just SOOO young to me. Yes, i know they can vote & fight for our country. But they also do irresponsible things like drive drunk. Actually 21 year olds do that too. Let's raise it to 25! (just kidding. kindof.)

17. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
I'm for war. But hasn't this one gone on long enough?? I don't know what to think, honestly.

18. Assisted suicide is illegal. Do you agree?
I don't know... this is a tough one. Would i want my loved one in that much pain & misery?? NO. I just...don't know what to say about this one.

19. Do you believe in spanking your children?
YEP. But not in the way many parents use this method. Let me just say - it is not supposed to be done when you are just angry & you slap the back of their leg out of that anger... it's no wonder people are so against it, seeing THAT.

20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Not worry about it. But it's likely that they WILL judge. Judging is second nature to some, unfortunately. I will not judge those whose answers i read, though! I promise you that! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite.